There is a park in seville known as the "Park of the Pigeons". I was walking by one day and saw this little kid (thankfully when I took his picture, his mother didn't see it and think that I was a stalker). He stood forever in the middle of all those pigeons holding his little sack of dry bread. He didn't seem to certain what to do with it even though I'm sure his mother was telling him to give it to the birds and if the birds could have spoken they would have told him the same. However, sometimes even when the need (or want, in this case...these were not malnurished birds) is obvious, we aren't always prepared to help.I've been struck this week as I read the book of Mark and how the people were constantly flocking (sorry about the pun but it was so there!) to Jesus. He crosses the sea and the people find him; he goes to a new city, the people find him, he crosses the sea again, and the people find him. He didn't run a big campaign, advertising his stops on a grand tour. His life was so obvious and he spoke with authority that others didn't have and it wasn't repulsive, it was attractive. Am I living such a life? Are you? Do we really want to?


No comments:
Post a Comment