I had a family from KC at my house today! Not something I can say everyday! They are here with their kids, checking out Spain and seeing if maybe God has a place for them here...we were talking about how God has provided this great place for me to live. For those of who haven't been able to visit YET, it is huge for one person and especially large for here but it was really the only place realistically available when I moved here and it has been such a blessing. I started counting today and I've had more than 90 different people in my house in the last 8 months for coffee, for dinner, using the extra bedroom! That's so cool!The most humerous part of that is always that I am an introvert...yes, I really am...I love people but need time alone to re-energize. I'm amazed at the paradoxes of God's world. Putting me in a place to entertain in my home, let alone that my entire life seems to revovle around spending time around people...and I actually like it! God works in paradoxes it seems. Putting people in spots that they would never have chosen for themselves, putting us in a position in which we have to trust that we can't save ourselves--only in confessing we are lost can we be saved.
I'm glad that God is not that easy to figure out. That He continually surprises us (and I'm not someone who really likes surprises in general). Are you living in a paradox (and if anyone tells me they wearing Docker pants, I will scream!!)?


No comments:
Post a Comment