Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a new year

Whoa, this blog thing is out of control. I'm sorry to those of you who actually do check this because to say the least I have been bad about doing any updates.



I've been very blessed through the holidays to have a family cares for me. Nothing like have family near and far! I was very pleased to get to SEE my family on Christmas day by internet. I was really great to see Mya Grace and Jack playing with their new toys and visit with my parents, brother and sister-in-law. Meanwhile, here we were celebrating the many holidays. Christmas eve, I got to spend with a family from the church and after chatting online with my own family I went had dinner with my pastor and his family. (My pastor also played Santa Claus at a celebration for kids with severe disabilities--he is pictured with his wife.)


New Year's Eve I got to a new cultural experience as I went to the coast to see long time friends Bob and Mary Ehmann who go to an English speaking church--and I mean English in the British sense of the word! I rang in the New Year with them and then was back with my church family for the Dia de Reyes which January 6th. The night before I got to attend Utrera's Cabalgata which is their parade for King's Day in which all those riding the floats throw candy and other gifts as they go by--you have to watch carefully or you can really get pegged. Below are a couple pictures of the floats.















Anyway, I guess I say all of this to say that I'm continually amazed by the people God brings my way--and that as we spend time together, we can invest in each other's lives. I hope that I will be more faithful in writing this year--if not, somebody write and remind me, okay?!

No comments: