Friday, July 10, 2009


I love where I live...I live in a beautiful country and get to serve the Lord but today is one of those other days; a day in which I would like to be with my family in Kansas. Yesterday my great Aunt Ala Dell died; she was in her 90s and had lived a long life. She loved to read, travel, teach school. We had spent many hours together including a trip to Texas capped by finding the "World's largest peanut", a statue in some little town in Oklahoma. Kansas and the family suddenly feel very far away. I wish that I could be there with them it is not to be. My heart and prayers are with her two kids and their families. I'm thankful for the time I had with Ala Dell... lunches in Lawrence, Easters, reading her family histories and hearing her stories.

No comments: